“Copyright and Open License For Open Educational Resources” is title of the 3rd conference on Open Educational Resources (OER) held in Hanoi on October 19, 2017. The conference is hosted by the University of Social Science and Humanity (Vietnam National University- Hanoi) cooperating with UNESCO. This conference brings together researchers, policymakers, lawyers and practitioners seeking to make sense of the challenges in addressing legal issues regarding to copyrights and and open licences (copyleft) for developing, sharing and utilizing OER in Vietnam.
Below are the topics discussed during the conference
- Copyright issues for open access, open publishing and open educational resources
- Open License for OER: theory and practice
- Creative Commons (CC) license: challenges and opportunities for Vietnam
- The intellectual property law and the development of OER and Open Access in Vietnam
- The legal balance of copyright and copyleft
- Factors affecting the sustainable development of OER
- Roles of libraries, publishers and other stakeholders in the implementation of copyrights and open license
- Open license vs intellectual property rights
- Copyright and Open licence for sharing digital information
- Digital humanities and legal issue challenges
- Experience of the implementation of Open license and Copyright for OER and Open Access
- Enablers and Barriers to develop OER
Mr. Minh Do, VOER Program Director, the Vietnam Foundation, was one of the invited speaker of the conference with the topic The “Open” element in the Vietnam Open Educational Resource (VOER) and some experience in dealing with copyright issues.
Bài viết liên quan
Khan Academy Tieng Viet (KATV) cooperated with the Bureau of Education and Training of Me Linh district to organize a seminar
Khan Academy Tieng Viet (KATV) was honored to cooperate with the Bureau of Education and...
Having a seminar with Vice Director of Department of Education and Training of Dong Nai and National Foreign Language Project and Vietnam Institute for Advanced Studies in Mathematics
On February 3, the seminar “International experience in applying educational technology in general education institutions”...
A new trend of education in Vietnam: Applying technology in teaching and learning
In many educational institutions, the use of information technology in teaching and learning is encouraged....
Agreement on collaborative initiatives with Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics
The Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics (VIASM) is one of the important strategic...
Introducing the KAV Open School model with Primary level in Thong Nhat district, Dong Nai province
On February 4, Khan Academy Tieng Viet team and all of the teachers of Thong...
Discussion with the Ministry of Education and Training about the world’s largest free online learning platform
Mr. Nguyen Huu Do, deputy minister of education and training, the director of continuing education,...