Job title: Community Development Lead, Khan Academy Việt Nam Program
Type of position: Full-time
Deadline for application: March 31, 2023
The Vietnam Foundation (VNF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2008 in the US dedicated to improving the lives of the Vietnamese people through education. In 2020, VNF officially formed the strategic and exclusive collaboration with Khan Academy, a US non-profit educational organization who is the developer and provider of the world’s leading online learning platform to launch Khan Academy Việt Nam Program in Vietnam. By localizing Khan Academy’s learning materials into Vietnamese, our objective is to provide Vietnamese students with access to this free and world-class learning platform.
VNF is looking for candidates for the position of Community Development Lead at Khan Academy Việt Nam, who are passionate about K-12 education and the mission of bringing equal learning opportunities to all Vietnamese students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Develop and implement proper strategies to expand and strengthen the community of Khan Academy Việt Nam users in Vietnam;
● Develop and implement online and offline educational activities to promote community interaction and exchange of experiences using Khan Academy Việt Nam;
● Implement events and communication activities to promote self-learning habit on Khan Academy Việt Nam;
● Build core groups of young learners, parents, and educators to act as the driving forces in using Khan Academy Việt Nam;
● Work and build strong relationship with online and offline community learning groups and partners in educational fields;
● Manage, guide, and encourage members and interns of Community Development team;
● Other tasks assigned by the Program Director; direct report to Program Director;
● There are possibilities of travelling to provinces to work with local partners in duration of several days.
Applicants should have:
● At least a Bachelor’s degree in education and training or marketing or mass communication or related fields;
● At least 2 years of experience working in community development or education and training or marketing, preferably in the Ed-tech or K-12 education sector;
● Ability to communicate with and working with different groups of people outside the organization such as young learners, parents, teachers, and school leaders;
● Preferred: Background/interest in learning design, education, math and natural sciences; Good experience in coordinating educational projects; Experience in conducting teaching activities and facilitating training sessions with children and adults.
● Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in Vietnamese are required;
● Good English proficiency (no certificate is required, however, preferred candidates should have minimum English proficiency equivalent to 6.5 IELTS, or 850 TOEIC, or 80 TOEFL iBT).
● This is a full-time paid position with competitive benefits; social insurance on full amount of salary; 13th month salary based on actual working time.
● Professional development opportunities: Training/Coaching sessions are provided; Working and networking with global and local partners and experts, especially in Ed-tech sector.
Interested applicants shall submit their CV/resume and cover letter to email email@example.com by 5PM March 31, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible, as this recruitment may be closed after the suitable candidate is selected. If you have any questions, please reach out to Ms. Song Ha (Operation Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.