Hanoi, December 29th 2015 – The University of Social Science and Humanity, VNU-HN in collaboration with the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the National Centre for Research and Development of Open Technologies (RDOT), the Vietnam Free and Open Source Software Association (VFOSSA), the Faculty of Library and Information Science of University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University and the Vietnam Foundation (VNF) co-hosted the conference with the theme for Open Educational Resources (OER) 2015 is “Building foundations for OER for higher education in Vietnam: policies, communities and technological solutions”. This is the opportunity for Vietnam University and College Education system to develop and utilize the OER in order to enhance university and higher education system.
* Theories and Applications:
- OER roles and models
- Changing context
- Curriculum development, pedagogy and assessment
- Open source software applications in education and training.
*Establising OER policy, governance and sustainability
- Institutional and governmental policy and strategy
- Copyright and intelectural property
- Business vs open
* Community enhancement
- Collaboration and Sharing
- Unified OER model in Vietnam University and College System
- Techologial solutions: hardware and software
- Access and interoperability
Mr. Minh Do, VOER Program Director was one of the keynote speakers of the the conference. He shared the experiences on how to have a sustainable OER program with the 3-legs of development model (Content, Technology and Community).
Minh Do, VOER Program Director, the Vietnam Foundation
Terry Parnell, Program Director, Open Development Initiative – East West Management Institute
Le Trung Nghia, Senior adviser for RDOT, Ministry of Science and Technology
Hung Do, Dean of Library and Information Faculty, USSH, VNU Hanoi