The Project Khan Academy Tieng Viet
Location: Hanoi, with occasional site visits
Reports to: Program Manager
Khan Academy Tieng Viet (KATV) is a non-for-profit educational program formed by the strategic collaboration between The Vietnam Foundation and Khan Academy, the world’s leading online learning platform originated from the United States. By localizing Khan Academy’s materials into Vietnamese, our objective is to provide 16 million Vietnamese students access to this free, world-class learning platform. We are looking for candidates for the position of Academic Lead, who are passionate about K-12 education and development work and the mission of bringing equal learning opportunities to all Vietnamese children. Detailed description about the position can be found below.
Vision of the position:
To strengthen the academic foundation of Khan Academy Tieng Viet, and to develop best practices of using Khan Academy for students, teachers and parents in Vietnam.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Develop comprehensive academic strategies to boost the use of Khan Academy Tieng Viet among users;
- Build training materials (handbook, manual or tutorial video) of best way to use Khan Academy tailored to Vietnamese students, teachers, and parents;
- Design learning activities for existing users (Mot Khan community) like open classes for students of primary school age in 2022 and expanding to secondary school students in 2023 onwar;
- Provide academic supports to local teachers in using Khan Academy to teach, manage students and assign exercises to their students;
- Organize sharing sessions with stakeholders of local partners like school principal, teachers to introduce Khan Academy platforms as a tool for self-learning of their children.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Major in Mathematics, Sciences and/or having pedagogical educational background;
- Experience in building academic activities, especially for Math and Science subject for K-12 learners;
- Experience in conducting teaching activities and facilitating sessions with children and adults;
- Preferred: Solid background in Pedagogy (Sư phạm) and good experience in coordinating education projects, working with people of diverse backgrounds; professional manners.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are required in Vietnamese;
- Good English proficiency (NO certificate is required, however, preferred candidates should have minimum English proficiency equivalent to 5.5 IELTS, or 700 TOEIC, or 55 TOEFL iBT).
- This is a full-time paid position, with certain flexibility in working hours due to the nature of working with children, parents & teachers.
- Professional development opportunities: Training/Coaching/Sharing sessions are provided by the Program, and the global team of Khan Academy Headquarter (Silicon Valley, USA).
Interested applicants shall submit their CV/resume and cover letter to the email address email@example.com by 5PM June 20th, 2022. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible, as this recruitment may be closed after the suitable candidate is found. If you have any questions, please reach out to Ms Thanh (Project Manager ) at firstname.lastname@example.org.