Announced on 01st March 2013, a scholarship program was launched by The Vietnam Foundation and TPG Capital to honor and support the most outstanding students from the top universities in Hanoi, Vietnam.
As of 11th March 2013, the Board of eight leading universities in Hanoi finished submitting their student applications for the scholarships. The eight leading universities include: Hanoi Foreign Trade University, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, Hanoi National University of Education, University of Languages and International Studies – Vietnam National University, University of Engineering and Technology – Vietnam National University, Hanoi University, University of Social Sciences and Humanities – Vietnam National University and Hanoi Open University.
All nominated students from the eight universities have impressed the scholarship board with their excellence in academic and extracurricular activities, thus deserve the scholarship. However, only five of them are chosen to be awarded the scholarship. The five chosen students possess each and every criterion listed, including having GPA ranked in the highest percentile (top 3) in their university/or faculty, competent English capability, proficient communication skill, positive attitude, outstanding skillset, and active participation in the community. Details of the awarded students are below:
- Dang Quynh Hoa (1991), Faculty of Economics and International Business, Hanoi Foreign Trade University
- Vu Danh Viet (1993), Faculty of Information Technology, University of Engineering and Technology
- Vu Hong Trang (1991), Faculty of English Language, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam
- Nguyen Thi Quyen (1991), Faculty of English Language – Teacher – Education, University of Languages and International Studies
- Nguyen Phuong Dung (1992), Faculty of Information Technology, Hanoi University of Information
The remaining candidates, as aforementioned, although vastly competitive and splendid, unfortunately will not be awarded a scholarship in this program. They can certainly apply for the future scholarship programs.