- The Vietnam Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of the Vietnamese people through education.
- Despite rapid economic growth, Vietnam is constrained by a poor system of higher education. Inadequately trained faculty, ineffective teaching methods, and the lack of access to modern technologies limit student learning in many ways. Government sponsored educational reforms have not kept up with a rising educational need.
- The Vietnam Foundation, through its work with the U.S. National Academies, brings the expertise of the U.S. academic community to assist Vietnam in the field of education. We believe that by supporting educational training programs and integrating technology innovation we can improve tremendously the quality of higher education in Vietnam.
- To educate the public on Vietnam, its history, culture, heritage and society
- To promote bilateral exchanges between the American and Vietnamese people in education, science, technology, medicine and humanities
- To support cultural and educational programs and activities in the U.S. and Vietnam for the enrichment of the U.S-Vietnam relation
- To support organizations that share the goals and objectives of improving the U.S.- Vietnam relation
- To engage in activities and programs that benefit the general public of Vietnam and the U.S.